Openings at Module Innovations
Interested candidates may send their resumes with cover letter to [email protected] by 30th Jan 2023 Please mention the post code in the subject line of the email.
- Principal Scientist, Assay Development
Pune, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA-411008
Posting date: Sep 16, 2022
Post Code: PS-MIPL/01
The Principal Scientist will be accountable for leading/managing a team of scientists in the development of novel diagnostics devices for bacterial Identification and Rapid Anti Microbial Resistance as well as contribute to development of existing products and ongoing research, methods or techniques that supports the company’s objectives.
Job Description & Main Accountabilities:
- Lead/manage a team of scientists and technicians, driving to critical milestones and deliverables in support of Module Innovation’s product development and deadline based launch activities.
- Ensure good product development/support/continuous improvement by optimizing the use of technical resources in alignment with company’s goals. Plans and designs experiments using DOE and other advanced methodologies as appropriate based on project needs. Interprets results and draws conclusions to continue the work or adapts design following correct design controls.
- Assures a consistent scientific lead on projects by planning and developing an adapted technical approach. Assesses resources, coordinates, collaborates, and delegates tasks as appropriate, anticipates and resolves technical issues, prepares timelines, project reports and project assessments. Makes recommendations that assures respect of QA/QC policy as well as a timely closure.
- Monitors scientific literature and keeps systematically informed of advances in a specific field of expertise: scientific developments, competitor information as well as customer needs through both internal and external networks. May propose and evaluate new products, process or technologies. Communicates technical information internally and externally within the scientific community in order to benefit the company.
- Authors marketing white papers and scientific publications, including publications in peer reviewed journals. Presents at local and international scientific conferences.
- Contributes to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Coordinate, prepare and present the scientific data generated to investors as and when needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. +5 years, M.Tech. +7 years of relevant experience. Industrial experience will be valued highly.
- Ph.D./ M.Tech in Microbiology/Biochemistry/Molecular In-Vitro Diagnostics/Biosensors & Bioengineering.
- Minimum of 3+ years leading and managing a team needed
- Demonstrated excellence in product development experience; molecular in-vitro diagnostics experience is valued and demonstrated via publication in high impact peer reviewed research papers.
- Clinical or industrial microbiology education, with strong associated laboratory skills and experience will be an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of Microbiology, Materials Chemistry, Bioconjugation, and biochemistry
- Demonstrated success in leadership and managerial experience.
- Innovative thinker
- Excellent problem solving skills and decision making ability
- Experience with experimental design, design controls, and statistical analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to write project reports and present to scientific meetings and customers
- Experience in writing Grant and funding proposals in industrial and/or academic setting.
2. Research Interns
Candidates pursuing B.Tech or M.Sc/M.Tech in Life sciences, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Microbiology, Molecular biology, Nanotechnology, Physical chemistry may apply directly. Candidates who have completed their degree and are interested for a minimum of 6 months industrial experience and learn are also welcome to apply.
Perform day-to-day microbiology lab work like preparation of media and culture plates, inoculation of bacterial culture, McFarland adjustment and serial dilution
- Handling of sterile/non-sterile urine to evaluate assay performance
- Perform immunoassays like ELISA, dot blots and handle instruments like UV-Vis spectrophotometer, microplate reader, Densitometer, Centrifuge, Weighing balance, SDS page and Autoclave
- Record day-to-day experiments in the lab book and data presentation
- Perform protein purification, bioconjugation and assay
- Perform day-to-day work like decontamination of bacteria/biowaste; biowaste management, glassware washing and its drying, microtip filling and its sterilization
3. Product and Graphic Design
Final year students pursuing their degree in Design are encouraged to apply for this internship position.
Roles and Responsibilities
The role will involve working on developing concepts for medical devices and creating 3D printed prototypes with sufficient optimisation. These designs will be translated for large scale production. The intern will also work on package design, graphics for social media campaigns and other creative marketing contents along with other team.
4. UI/UX Interns
Students pursuing degree in Computer Science with skills in design are encouraged to apply.
Roles and Responsibilities
The role in this position will be to create user interface for mobile applications towards several projects being undertaken by the company. The intern will need to study user needs and user behaviour to accomplish this task in a timely manner.
What you will get
- Exposure to multidisciplinary projects
- Innovative and inclusive work environment
- Working on first in the world kind of technologies in diagnostics
- Working on internationally funded projects
- An experience letter
Please share your CV at [email protected]