Job Openings at Module
Interested candidates may send their resumes with cover letter to email@example.com by 24th Sep 2022 for the post of PRF-B and no last date for other posts (until suitable candidate is found). Please mention the post code in the subject line of the email.
Principal Scientist, Assay Development
Pune, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA-411008
Posting date: Sep 16, 2022
Post Code: PS-MIPL/01
The Principal Scientist will be accountable for leading/managing a team of scientists in the development of novel diagnostics devices for bacterial Identification and Rapid Anti Microbial Resistance as well as contribute to development of existing products and ongoing research, methods or techniques that supports the company’s objectives.
Job Description & Main Accountabilities:
- Lead/manage a team of scientists and technicians, driving to critical milestones and deliverables in support of Module Innovation’s product development and deadline based launch activities.
- Ensure good product development/support/continuous improvement by optimizing the use of technical resources in alignment with company’s goals. Plans and designs experiments using DOE and other advanced methodologies as appropriate based on project needs. Interprets results and draws conclusions to continue the work or adapts design following correct design controls.
- Assures a consistent scientific lead on projects by planning and developing an adapted technical approach. Assesses resources, coordinates, collaborates, and delegates tasks as appropriate, anticipates and resolves technical issues, prepares timelines, project reports and project assessments. Makes recommendations that assures respect of QA/QC policy as well as a timely closure.
- Monitors scientific literature and keeps systematically informed of advances in a specific field of expertise: scientific developments, competitor information as well as customer needs through both internal and external networks. May propose and evaluate new products, process or technologies. Communicates technical information internally and externally within the scientific community in order to benefit the company.
- Authors marketing white papers and scientific publications, including publications in peer reviewed journals. Presents at local and international scientific conferences.
- Contributes to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Coordinate, prepare and present the scientific data generated to investors as and when needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. +5 years, M.Tech. +7 years of relevant experience. Industrial experience will be valued highly.
- Ph.D./ M.Tech in Microbiology/Biochemistry/Molecular In-Vitro Diagnostics/Biosensors & Bioengineering.
- Minimum of 3+ years leading and managing a team needed
- Demonstrated excellence in product development experience; molecular in-vitro diagnostics experience is valued and demonstrated via publication in high impact peer reviewed research papers.
- Clinical or industrial microbiology education, with strong associated laboratory skills and experience will be an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of Microbiology, Materials Chemistry, Bioconjugation, and biochemistry
- Demonstrated success in leadership and managerial experience.
- Innovative thinker
- Excellent problem solving skills and decision making ability
- Experience with experimental design, design controls, and statistical analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to write project reports and present to scientific meetings and customers
- Experience in writing Grant and funding proposals in industrial and/or academic setting.
Project Research Fellow- PRF –Immediate joiners preferred
Pune, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA-411057
Posting date: Sep 16, 2022
Post Code: PRF-B
B.Tech/M.Sc./M.Tech./MS in Microbiology/Biochemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Molecular biology/Bioengineering or similar disciplines with a minimum of 60% Marks or CGPA of 7.0 and above on a scale of 10
Candidates with hands-on experience in BSL 2 facility to handle pathogenic/clinical isolates as well as in the lateral flow assay
- Perform day-to-day microbiology lab work like preparation of media and culture plates, inoculation of bacterial culture, McFarland adjustment and serial dilution
- Handling of sterile/non-sterile urine to evaluate assay performance
- Perform immunoassays like ELISA, dot blots and handle instruments like UV-Vis spectrophotometer, microplate reader, Densitometer, Centrifuge, Weighing balance, SDS page and Autoclave
- Record day-to-day experiments in the lab book and data presentation
- Perform protein purification, bioconjugation and assay
- Perform day-to-day work like decontamination of bacteria/biowaste; biowaste management, glassware washing and its drying, microtip filling and its sterilization
Qualities and Skills
- The candidate must be able to work extra time if needed
- Adhere to standard operating protocols and follow safety guidelines while working in the lab
- Honest, Punctual, Active, Energetic and Self-motivated individual
- Good written and communication skills in English
- A positive attitude and professional appearance and manner
- Always keep the company esteem high within company as well as outside
Two years (Initially for 12 months, which is extendable up to 2 years based on satisfactory performance and mutual interest)
First three months during training: 12000/ Month
Next Nine months: 15000/ Month
Second Year: 18000/ Month
What you will get
- Exposure to multidisciplinary projects
- Innovative and inclusive work environment
- Working on first in the world kind of technologies in diagnostics
- Working on internationally funded projects
- An experience letter
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their resume with relevant details of experience and contact details (email and contact number) to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please mention “ Application for the post of PRF-B” in the email title
Last date for application: 24 September 2022.
Candidates pursuing B.Tech or M.Sc in Life sciences, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Microbiology, Molecular biology, Nanotechnology, Physical chemistry may apply directly. Candidates who have completed their degree and are interested for a minimum of 6 months industrial experience and learn are also welcome to apply.
The applications for this post are open throughout the year. Please email your resume to email@example.com